PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 2, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Porch Decorations

I really haven't done much in way of crafting since my last post in December.  I've done a few things around the house in the decorating department and eventually I would love to do a house tour.  For now, I'll just post some monthly or seasonal porch decoration pictures.  I don't know if anyone else has a love/hate relationship with St. Patrick's Day, but I sure do.  First of all, I'm not of Irish descent.  So the fact I 'celebrate' the holiday at all is kind of silly.  Secondly, I actually work with a lady from Ireland (it takes some getting used to her talking to get past her thick accent) and she find the American St. Patrick's Day customs very strange.  That said, I remember the excitement I had as a child hoping to find that elusive pot of gold.  As I've gotten older, I've decided to embrace the sentiments of 'Irish Blessings' as well as, for me, it is a symbol of the change from winter to spring.

 Anywhooooo......how about some pictures? I live in a townhouse and have a long entrance to my front door.  I like to keep some cheap pillows that I switch out the fabric and don't care if they get wet or dirty. I don't sew them at all, just tie a knot on the square one and tuck under the ends on the round one.  It really is quite simple.



The ladder I have was quite the investment but over the years I've purchased one or two of the kits and now I am definitely getting my money's worth.


The biggest change in this year's porch is the new wreath I put on the door and cute door mat (from Wal-Mart!!! I was quite surprised, lol).  It is so hard to find cute decorations that aren't bright green, tinsely looking things so finally I decided to make my own.  The floral options I used were mostly from Wal-Mart, so definitely not the best quality, but for something that is on my front door in March where it rains (like today) or snows, I don't want to spend a fortune on something.  Enjoy!





P.S.  I have no idea if they saying on the 'chalkboard' sign is actually an Irish Blessing.  However, if it is, I used an example off the internet and only AFTER I had finished making it did I see other examples that had different wording.  I don't know which is correct.  Unfortunately, I liked the other alternative better which read:  Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live (mine says, .....and love as much as you live).  I might have to remake that little sign.
But maybe later.  I'm all crafted out for now.  ha ha
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...